Facebook: The social network most used in Spain

Facebook: The social network most used in Spain

Facebook: The social network most used in Spain

Facebook: The social network most used in Spain

 
 

The IAB has made a estudio To know the behavior of users in social networks, with data collected during the last quarter of 2013.

The results offered, reflected that there has not been any change in the use of the Internet between 2012 and 2013, of people who use social networks or not. In both years 79% of the sample ensures to use the social networks, while 21% affirm not to use them.

Since 2009, when the study began, social networks use penetration has risen from 51% to 79%, implying an increase of 28 points.

 

Users with Profiles on Social Networks

 

According to the notoriety of social networks in Spain, Facebook is best known by 99% of cases, followed by Twitter (92%), YouTube (88%), Tuenti (76%) and Google+ (75%). Below them are located Networks as Instragram, Linkedin, Spotify, Pinterest, among others.

Also Facebook coincides to be the most used social network (94%), followed by YouTube  (68%) and  Twitter (49%).

The IAB has also highlighted the time devoted to each social network. Again, Facebook get along with 4,84 hours per week, followed by YouTube (3,62 hours per week) and Twitter (3,42 hours per week).

 

Facebook la Red social más usada

 

An interesting dimension of the study is the perception and use that users have over WhatsApp. 88% of respondents say they use WhatsApp, of the total, 59% consider it a Social Network as provides the ability to communicate with others. However, for the remaining 41%, WhatsApp is a messaging service, replacing the old SMS.

In 2013, the use of mobile as a device access to social networks increased by 25% to 70% of respondents. Meanwhile, tablets are mostly used to access Facebook (92%), YouTube (58%), Twitter (39%) and  Google+ (22%).

Another aspect that has been evaluated is the relationship between social networks and brands, the first network is being used to keep track of favorite brands is Facebook. Followed by Twitter, YouTube and Google+, but with much lower percentages.

 
 
Do you agree with those conclusions?

Let us know your preferred social network.

No Comment

You can post first response comment.

Leave A Comment

Please enter your name. Please enter an valid email address. Please enter a message.